The Coon Lake Community & Senior Center (CLCSC) has the authority to allow the use of 20 feet of the lake shore and beach to Coon Lake Beach community residents on the condition that this space is properly identified and maintained in good condition. Our right of continued entitlement to the Coon Lake Community & Senior Center, boat landing, beaches and parks is contingent upon the following conditions. If you are not in compliance, you will lose your privileges.
1. You must be a resident of Coon Lake Beach or own property on Coon Lake Beach.
2. You must be a member of the Coon Lake Community & Senior Center in good standing, sign the Dock Space Agreement and pay your annual membership dues.
3. You must agree to hold harmless the Coon Lake Community & Senior Center of any liability related to your dock and any personal property on your assigned dock space(s).
4. The maximum number of dock spaces available to any property in Coon Lake Beach is two. If more than one dock space is registered to a property address, the dock spaces must be next to each other. Contact the Dock Committee Chairman for more information.
5. When Coon Lake Community & Senior Center community service opportunities are available, members may contribute a minimum of 10 hours of community service to reduce the cost of membership dues for one dock space. First year dock space cost for new members will be at the full rate. Community service hours contributed for the current membership year will be used to determine reduced rates for the next membership year. Any additional dock spaces will be at the full rate. Community service hours are coordinated and tracked by the CLCSC Volunteer Coordinator. Community service volunteer hours are very much appreciated and welcomed.
6. Dock space must be kept mowed and free of trash. Docks and watercraft lifts must be in the water by June 1st each year. Docks, dock parts, water craft lifts and water craft not in use during the summer may not be stored on the dock space.
7. All docks must be seasonal. No permanent docks are allowed. Docks must be removed from the lake by November 1st. Docks are to be removed past the normal lake level.
8. Docks must be maintained in a safe condition. Any docks not maintained will be condemned by the Dock Committee and must be removed. Any cost incurred will be at the member’s expense.
9. Dock spaces are marked with a dock space number. Do not extend past your own 20 feet – including dock and where your boat will be moored. Consider your dock neighbors when placing your dock.
10. No parking of vehicles on dock space. No launching of boats from dock space. No driving on dock space(s) or beach area, except golf carts which are allowed to park on the 5 foot of dock space between the road and the dock space posts.
11. Improvements must be coordinated with the DNR and CLCSC Dock Committee Chairman.
12. Dock spaces are not to be used as a storage area, except for docks and lifts during winter months. No construction materials, canoes, fishing boats, grills, etc. are to be left on the lakeshore during the winter.
13. Winter stored docks must be behind post markers. If your dock space does not accommodate your dock, it must be moved to your home property or you must have an agreement with your neighbor to encroach on their space. No other personal property can be left at your dock space.
14. You have signed an agreement at the time of your membership renewal granting you the right to use the dock space. You must register for the dock space annually when you renew your membership.
15. When a Coon Lake Beach property is sold, any dock spaces registered to the address of the property will transfer to the new property owners. To retain any dock spaces registered to the property address beyond the current membership year, the new property owner will need to renew the dock space agreement and pay for the next membership year.
16. Dock spaces are intended only for Coon Lake Beach residents or property owners that meet membership requirements. Members cannot provide dock spaces for anyone that is not a Coon Lake Beach resident or property owner.
17. Violation of Rules: You will be notified by mail or email at the address listed on your agreement to correct a violation. Correction of violations must be brought to the Board of Directors at the next monthly meeting. If not corrected, members automatically lose their right to use the dock space for the remainder of the year.
18. Abandonment of dock property: Docks or property not maintained or in violation, as well as property left by members no longer in good standing, will be considered abandoned. You are assumed to have given up your rights to this property, but will be responsible for any costs incurred to remove and dispose of this property.
If you have any questions, you may contact the Dock Committee or attend a monthly Coon Lake Community & Senior Center Board of Directors meeting. The monthly meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m.
Contact information for the Chairman of the Dock Committee: Marlin Sanvick (612) 702-3512
Thank you for your support.
Coon Lake Community & Senior Center and Dock Committee